2016-12-22
Runtime :
161 min.
Genre :
Drama, History
Production :
Cappa Defina Productions, AI-Film, Cecchi Gori Pictures
Cast :
Andrew Garfield, Adam Driver, Tadanobu Asano, Ciarán Hinds, Liam Neeson, Issei Ogata, Shinya Tsukamoto, Yoshi Oida, Yosuke Kubozuka, Nana Komatsu, Ryô Kase, Béla Baptiste, Michié, Katsuo Nakamura, SABU, Motokatsu Suzuki, Yasushi Takada, Ten Miyazawa
Crew :
Martin Scorsese, Shûsaku Endô, Jay Cocks, Vittorio Cecchi Gori, Barbara De Fina, Randall Emmett, Irwin Winkler, Gaston Pavlovich, Emma Tillinger Koskoff, Thelma Schoonmaker, Dante Ferretti, Ping-Wen Wang, Alexander Eckert, Dante Ferretti, Philippe Majdalani, Chad Schermerhorn, Randall Poster, John Schaefer, Sean Findley, Pablo Helman, Jason H. Snell, Tom Fleischman, Philip Stockton, Ellen Meng-Hsuan Lin, Martin Scorsese, Ellen Lewis, Martin Scorsese, Diane L. Sabatini, Brandt Andersen, Len Blavatnik, Dale A. Brown, Stuart Ford, Ted Fox, George Furla, Manu Gargi, Wayne Marc Godfrey, Brent Ryan Green, Anthony Jabre, Niels Juul, Ken Kao, Matthew J. Malek, Mark D. Rogers, Chad A. Verdi, Michelle Verdi, Irwin Winkler, Tyler Zacharia, Wen-Ying Huang, Ding-Yang Weng, Michael Tsung-Ying Yang, Wang Zhi-Cheng, Francesca Lo Schiavo, Laura Calvo, Chris Lyons, Noriko Watanabe, Kelley Cribben, Manu Gargi, Steve Lionetti, Allison Niedermeier, Diane L. Sabatini, G.A. Aguilar, David J. Webb, Erica Wei Ju Chang, Court Chu, Federico Constantini, Benji Cox, Scott Keery, Daniel Gonzalez Solozabal, Domenico Reordino, Wesley Ting, R. Bruce Steinheimer, Alexandra Fahey, Weldon Huang, Ryan Doell, Victor Paguia, Colin Anderson, Ricardo Rocca, Ian Bird, Kerry Brown, Karl Engeler, Chris Hansford, Lukasz Jogalla, David Nichols, George Anton, Sanjay Sami, Rodrigo Prieto, Joe Stick, Zoran Veselic, Basil Smith, Damian Wyvill, Susan Kulkarni, Jason Esquivel, Thomas Kuo, Ken Lebre, Kim Allen Kluge, Ito Chang, Kathryn Kluge, Brendon 'Moose' Boyd, Guiomar Alonso, Nadeem Ashayer, Michael Barnes, Jami Chan, Nick D'Benedetto, Nick D'Benedetto, Anne Fader, Harald Galinski, Lance Julian, Jessica Lichtner, Kanehira Mitani, Tim Monich, Brian Nitzkin, Tanoa Parks, Tony Smith, Eric W. Thompson, James P. Warren
Vote Average:
7.3 Count: 109
Overview :
Two Jesuit priests, Sebastião Rodrigues and Francis Garrpe, travel to seventeenth century Japan which has, under the Tokugawa shogunate, banned Catholicism and almost all foreign contact.
Keyword :
christianity, japan, missionary, based on novel, betrayal, one word title, torture, martyrdom, crisis of faith, portuguese, 17th century, shogunate, jesuit priest, religious persecution, religious icon, apostasy

Silence (2016)
Silence (2016)
Silence (2016)

DOWNLOAD: http://bit.ly/2gjULdR
WATCH: http://tinyurl.com/zzy9hx8

Review

Gave it 1 point for gorgeous cinematography.

2 points for Spiderman + New Darth Vader buddy casting - #nailedit.

Chalk up another point for having the balls to take the guy from Taken. Only Scorcese could take away Liam's special set of skills.

Now for everything else... Subtract 1 point for each hour of my life where I felt like I was being tortured more than the characters in the film. This movie made me feel like felt like I was being crucified...in a bad way.

But don't take my word for it, you should check it out !

Enjoy
Three hours of Japanese villagers denouncing Christ by standing on a plate with his face on it. Positives were an insight into Japanese religious culture at the time but other than a complete anti-climatic, repetitive and down-right exhausting three hours of cinema.

Liam Neeson is unconvincing and on screen for probably twenty minutes of the 240 running time. The entire film is built around the Japanese effort to break the priest and low and behold, the man they staying strong for had broken years ago. Total anti-climax. In three hours they visit three places.

Google foot on plate and save yourself three hours.
I've always greatly admired Martin Scorcese's films, and I've seen several of them a number of times. I know his faith is dear to him and I understand and respect that. I do, however, feel that "Silence" did not give us a balanced look at the people of Japan at that time. I felt as though there was an tacit acceptance expected of the audience; the Jesuit characters and their followers were on the "right" side and the Japanese ignorant and primitive for not accepting the Christian point of view. The most balanced film I've seen regarding Jesuits and the introduction of Christianity to a native people was "The Mission", directed by Roland Joffre from 1986. The priests in both films were driven by the noblest of intentions, but in their world view they had the true faith, and that unfortunately drove them to impose their religion on others...a mistake that still leads us to conflict and too often, wars.
This reaction to "Silence" is from the perspective of an atheist. And my attitude throughout the film was influenced by my knowledge of the novel Shogun. In that book the Japanese were distrustful of European influence and infiltration. They knew or suspected that the first step towards outside dominance starts with the innocent-seeming proselytizers of "the Word." By today's view "historians now describe missionaries as arrogant and rapacious imperialists. Christianity became not a saving grace but a monolithic and aggressive force that missionaries imposed upon defiant natives. Indeed, missionaries were now understood as important agents in the ever-expanding nation-state, or "ideological shock troops for colonial invasion whose zealotry blinded them." (Quoted from Google) The church gets mistreated or brutalized and the foreign country sends in the army. Some examples of this are South America: they all speak Spanish (or Portuguese) and are ruled by European descendants; Parts of Africa have the same history. There's India where it partly happened, and Australia. Perhaps Japan knew or suspected such an outcome as well.

So I wasn't all that sympathetic to the two missionaries of this story. Plus their whole point of view was that they had the "Truth". There are thousands of religions that all claim the same thing. What makes the Western Christian version the REAL Truth? Nothing. It depends on where you were raised. That they all think they have the answer convinces me that none do. But it also convinces me that Man must invent some story, some explanation of why he's here, how he got here, and how he's supposed to act. I guess we'd be lost without such a backdrop. The other apes (chimpanzees, gorillas and such) don't seem to need that. Their "God" is the alpha male of their band. For homo sapiens that would be a king but we seem to need more than that. So we have one who resides above the clouds. But the clouds are below us as well since the world is round so exactly where would we point to locate this Super King? You can't point everywhere so that's another reason why I'm convinced there is no Super King. All this makes the journey of Fathers Rodrigues and Garupe somewhat pathetic and somewhat tiresome. Missionaries remind me of Jehovah's Witnesses who go around (KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK) waking up nurses and other folks who work nights wanting to know, "Can we come inside and pray with you?" ("Cuz we have the answer, the one and only answer.") I suppose this message was an improvement on cultures where there was out and out cannibalism but beyond that it was and is an intrusion. Still, the torture and murder was extreme and hard to watch. But one reviewer pointed out that Scorsese neglected to show that in Spain and Portugal at that very time there was an Inquisition going on with equal cruelty and murder towards Jews and Protestants. I therefore celebrated the entrance of the former Father Ferreira (Liam Neeson). He took righteousness out of the equation and just tried to fulfill a need he saw. And he seemed to come by that wisdom the hard way – discovering that nothing else worked or made any sense. So I liked the outcome reached by Father Rodrigues. Just as an afterthought, did anyone besides me notice that all that praying brought about no results, except internally (and then only in certain cases)? Did anyone else get the idea that no one is listening? Anyway, I loved the ocean post card scenery. And I liked being plopped down in an earlier time in history. I liked the film somehow.
This would have been really good if Adam and Liam pulled out light sabers and skinned the bastards, thus making it an adult Lucas romp with an R rating. First I'd do is that scummy Inquisitor prick! Instead, we got Two-and-a-Quarter hours of "Passion of the Christ" with heads rolling in the sand, bamboo-wrapped females on fire and Christians hanging inverted with their heads in a covered pit.

Was Gibson a consultant on this?

Torture was followed by lots of prayer, hearing confessions, reverberated chants of Catholic dogma and of course.... Catholic symbols making the rounds as treasured trinkets for the Japanese masses at mass.

Did EWTN sponsor this sucker or what?

Jesus told me He got bored and walked out halfway through his 2nd bucket of popcorn.

Online Dailymotion, Silence (2016) , download 5Shared, Silence (2016) , Online HD 700p,1080p Fast Streaming Get free access to Silence (2016) movie, with excellent audio/video quality and virus free interface, Silence (2016) online at ultra fast data transfer rate, cost-free, virus-free access , with maximum speed, you immediately Silence (2016) , or download Silence (2016) , here, follow the ling below and hopefully you satisfied Watch full stream Silence (2016) , Series for Free Online. Streaming Free Films to Watch Online including Series Trailers and Series Clips. Silence (2016) , Quick Links. Watch TV Series online Silence (2016) , Full Episode, Silence (2016) , Online Youtube, Silence (2016) , Online Dailymotion, Silence (2016) , download 5Shared, Online HD 70p-1080p Fast Streaming
Tag : Silence (2016) , Silence (2016) , Silence (2016) Full, Silence (2016) Movie, Silence (2016) Streaming, Silence (2016) Online, Silence (2016) 2015 Full Movie, Silence (2016) Movie Online, Silence (2016) Download, Silence (2016) Full Movie, Silence (2016) Straeming full free
Watch: Silence (2016) HD 1080p
Watch: Silence (2016) HDQ
Watch: Silence (2016) Megavideo
Watch: Silence (2016) Tube
Watch: Silence (2016) Download
Watch: Silence (2016) Megashare
Watch: Silence (2016) Youtube
Watch: Silence (2016) Viooz
Watch: Silence (2016) Putlocker
Watch: Silence (2016) instanmovie
Watch: Silence (2016) Dailymotion
Watch: Silence (2016) IMDB
Watch: Silence (2016) MOJOboxoffice
Watch: Silence (2016) Torent
Watch: Silence (2016) HIGH superior definitons
Watch: Silence (2016) Mediafire
Watch: Silence (2016) 4Shared
Watch: Silence (2016) Full Movie
Watch: Silence (2016) Full
Watch: Silence (2016) Streaming Full
Watch: Silence (2016) HDQ full
Watch: Silence (2016) Download SubSilence (2016)
Watch: Silence (2016) SubSilence (2016) English Watch: Silence (2016) Download Full Watch: Silence (2016) Streaming
Watch: Silence (2016) English Film Free Watch Online
Watch: Silence (2016) English Full Movie Watch Online
Silence (2016) Full Movie Online
Silence (2016) Full Movie Online Free
Silence (2016) English Film Free Watch Online
Silence (2016) English Film Live Steaming
Silence (2016) English Full Movie Watch Online
Silence (2016) English Full Movie Mojo Watch Online
Silence (2016) English Full Movie Watch Online
Silence (2016) Watch Online Full Free
Silence (2016) English Full Movie Download
Silence (2016) English Full Movie Free Download